2021 Deer Hunt Rules & Areas
2021 LAS Quota Deer Hunt Rules and Regulations
1. Quota deer hunts are for NEWTON COUNTY residents only and are at least 18 years old. No one under 18 years of age will be permitted in LAS hunt areas.
2. Applications must be submitted no later than JULY 31, 2021 .
Duplicate, incomplete applications may be disqualified and other information may be verified.
One or two persons per application will be accepted; two persons are encouraged for safety.
3. Quota deer hunts are ARCHERY ONLY with dates and locations assigned by a random drawing procedure.
4. Drawn applicants will be notified (by mail) of selected dates/areas.
5. Quota deer hunts begin on a Thursday at 1:00 PM and include remaining legal hunt hours for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. ONLY the selected applicant(s) will be allowed in hunt areas. Requests for assistance will be considered, but requires prior permission from check station.
6. The City Of Covington reserves the right to close hunt areas or cancel entire hunts at any time.
7. Permits are non-transferable. A picture ID and/or other verification will be required at check-in.
8. Rules and regulations include all current State of Georgia laws and licenses.
Harvest restrictions on antlered deer will be a MINIMUM OF (4) POINTS ON ONE SIDE.
ALL harvested deer must be recorded at the check station before field dressing.
9. No firearms, alcohol, or baiting of deer are allowed in hunt areas. Please take your trash, ribbon, etc with you.
10. Only portable tree stands or blinds may be used. No nails, spikes, etc. may be placed in any tree. Blinds/stands may be left in hunt areas until the last day of the hunt (at your own risk).
11. Please check in and out at the check station each time you arrive or leave your hunt area.
12. No all-terrain vehicles (ATV’s) are permitted and parking is designated for each hunt area.
The City Of Covington is not responsible or liable for loss, theft, damage or destruction of any person’s property.
13. Please be considerate of other hunters. Still hunting is not allowed and wait until 10:00 A.M. before tracking deer. If you are unsure of other hunt locations, see check station personnel.
14. Any person who violates state laws, or the rules and regulations set by the City Of Covington is subject to losing remaining and/or future quota hunt privileges.
15. All hunters are expected to conduct themselves in a safe, responsible and respectful manner.
Your cooperation and patience is appreciated at check in/out stations.
Select map below to enlarge.