Agenda for August 3, 2020 City Council Meeting (Teleconference)
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference.
July 30, 2020
THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
+1 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
EXECUTIVE SESSION @ 6 PM
*to discuss land opportunity
CITY OF COVINGTON
AUGUST 3, 2020
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Susie Keck, Council members: Hawnethia Williams, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
- Call to order and invocation.
-Proclamation designating August 11th as City of Covington 811 Day
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on July 20, 2020.
3. Discussion of the minutes from the Called Meeting held on July 15, 2020.
4. Discussion of the final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF TITLE 10 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMENDING SECTION 10.18.030 (OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS) OF CHAPTER 10.18 (MOTORIZED CARTS) THEREOF, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
5. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
6. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
7a. Approval of an application to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption only for:
Ms. Tonya’s Soul Food LLC
8105 Washington Street
8. Discussion of resolution updating the Short Term Community Work Program component to the City of Covington Comprehensive Plan 2018.
9. Discussion of MGAG Trade Confirmations with Verescence.
10. Discussion of gravity sewer upgrades and improvements on Pace Street, Lackey Street, and Indian Creek Circle.
11. Discussion of Bill of Sale from the City to the Newton County IDA conveying the U. S. Corrugated rail spur improvements.
12. Discussion of Cares Act Grant contract and acceptance of funds.
13. Discussion of levying the 2020 Millage Rate at 7.186 mils.
14. Discussion of fireworks display.
15. Public comments.
16. Comments from the City Manager.
17. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
Return to list.
Unemployment is down. Opportunity is up!
Got Jobs? We do! From 12% in 2012, Covington's unemployment rate sits at just 4.7% today.