City Council Meeting
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
formerly City of Covington Planning & Zoning Building
2116 Stallings Street
***WORK SESSION @ 5:30 PM***
“Pay as You Go” electric meters
2011 SPLOST Projects
CITY OF COVINGTON
JANUARY 21, 2020
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Susie Keck, Council members: Hawnethia Williams, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
-Mayor Horton to administer the oath of office to new Covington Police officers Chris David Smith and Danielle Hutchinson
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on January 6, 2020.
3. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
4. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
No items to consider
6. Discussion of public hearing concerning an application for a SUP for a transitional shelter to be located at 7188 Turner Lake Road.
7. Discussion of public hearing concerning a SUP application for rezoning for apartments to be located at 9155 Jackson Highway.
8. Discussion of invoice payable to American Railroad Industries for the US Corrugated Rail Spur Project.
9. Discussion of invoice payable to MHC Kenworth to purchase previously ordered bucket truck for the Electric Department.
10. Discussion of letter of support for the Covington Housing Authority’s CHIP grant application.
11. Discussion of proposal for Pace Street Streetscapes Improvements Project.
12. Discussion of construction recommendation for Covington Town Center Sanitary Sewer Outfall - Zone #2.
13. Discussion of resolution designating voting delegate and alternate for the Board of Directors ECG Election process.
14. Discussion of resolution designating applicable ECG Inter-Participant Contract (IPC) Authorized Officials.
15. Discussion of City nomination to serve on the ECG Board.
16. Discussion of contracting with the Industrial Development Authority (IDA) for Economic Development Services contingent upon negotiating a successful IGA.
17. Discussion of moratorium on approvals and construction of apartments.
18. Public comments.
19. Comments from the City Manager.
20. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
Arbor Day in Covington
Every year, Georgia celebrates Arbor Day on the third Friday in February and Covington hosts a grand celebration of their own. Complete with guest speakers, refreshments and a proclamation, Arbor Day in Covington is a day to celebrate. Those in attendance even get to leave with a complimentary tree to plant.