City Council Meeting
Monday, May 4, 2020 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
formerly City of Covington Planning & Zoning Building
2116 Stallings Street
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference.
THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
+1 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
*Executive Session for the purpose of discussing litigation.
CITY OF COVINGTON
MAY 4, 2020
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Susie Keck, Council members: Hawnethia Williams, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on April 20, 2020.
3. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
4. Public comments for any item on or not on the agenda.
5a. Approval of Pace Street road closure, expost facto.
6. Discussion of CHIP Grant administration request letterfrom the Covington Housing Authority.
7. Update on Code Enforcement Officer Neighborhood program for Boarded up Houses.
8. Discussion of proposals for Water & Sewer rate study.
9. Discussion of the first reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF TITLE 10 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMENDING SECTION 10.18.030 (OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS) OF CHAPTER 10.18 (MOTORIZED CARTS)THEREOF, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
10. Discussion of appointment to the Development Authority.
11. Discussion of budget amendment for DDA Stabilization Grants.
12. Discussion of an agreement with the Covington Downtown and Tourism Association, Inc.
13. Discussion of acceptance of CARES Act Grant for the Covington Municipal Airport.
14. Discussion of employee unused annual leave.
15. Discussion of litigation.
16. Comments from the City Manager.
17. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
Arbor Day in Covington
Every year, Georgia celebrates Arbor Day on the third Friday in February and Covington hosts a grand celebration of their own. Complete with guest speakers, refreshments and a proclamation, Arbor Day in Covington is a day to celebrate. Those in attendance even get to leave with a complimentary tree to plant.