City Council Meeting Via Teleconference
Monday, June 1, 2020 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Meeting by phone
*Executive Session for the purpose of discussing land acquisition.
CITY OF COVINGTON
JUNE 1, 2020
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference.
THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
+1 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Susie Keck, Council members: Hawnethia Williams, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
1. Call to order and invocation.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on May 18, 2020.
3. Discussion of fireworks.
4. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
5. Public comments for any item on or not on the agenda.
6. No items to consider.
7. Discussion of road closure June 16 – 18, 2020 on Lochridge Blvd between Prater Drive and Lake Forrest Court to allow the installation of a back-up generator at BD Covington.
8. Discussion of resolution for the acceptance GDOT for Cares Act Funding for the Covington Municipal Airport.
9. Discussion of System Maintenance Agreement No. 8 with L3Harris for the Covington-Newton 911 Center.
10. Discussion of state contract bid to purchase playground equipment for Central Park.
11. Discussion of Flock Camera System for the Covington Police Department.
12. Discussion of authorizing the Fire Department to seek bids to purchase an aerial platform apparatus.
13. Discussion of the first reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISION OF TITLE 8 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADOPTING CHAPTER 8.26 (BOARDED UP STRUCTURES) THERETO, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
14. Public comments.
15. Comments from the City Manager.
16. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
Arbor Day in Covington
Every year, Georgia celebrates Arbor Day on the third Friday in February and Covington hosts a grand celebration of their own. Complete with guest speakers, refreshments and a proclamation, Arbor Day in Covington is a day to celebrate. Those in attendance even get to leave with a complimentary tree to plant.