City Council Meeting Via Teleconference
Monday, July 6, 2020 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Meeting by phone
***EXECUTIVE SESSION @ 6 PM***
*Litigation and land
CITY OF COVINGTON
JULY 6, 2020
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference.
THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
+1 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Susie Keck, Council members: Hawnethia Williams, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
- Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on June 15, 2020.
3. Discussion of the minutes from the Called Meeting held on June 18, 2020.
4. Discussion of the final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF TITLE 16 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMENDING SECTION 16.08.010 (DEFNITIONS) OF CHAPTER 16.08 (INTERPRETATIONS AND DEFINITIONS), AMENDING SECTION 16.16.020 (PERMITTED USES) OF CHAPTER 16.16 (STANDARD ZONING DISTRICTS), ADOPTING SECTION 16.20.475 (MIXED-USE BUILDING) OF CHAPTER 16.20 (SUPPLEMENTAL USE PROVISIONS) AND TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
5. Discussion of the final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISION OF TITLE 16 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMENDING SECTION 16.12.140 (SPECIAL USE PERMITS) OF CHAPTER 16.12 (PROCEDURES) THEREOF TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
6. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
7. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
8. CONSENT AGENDA
No items to consider.
9. Discussion of public hearing for a Special Use Permit to operate an axe throwing amusement entertainment business at 1113 Church Street.
10. Discussion of appointees to City Boards and Commissions.
11. Discussion of modification to City’s existing Hangar Ground Lease Agreement from 10 years to 25 years.
12. Discussion of MGAG Trade Confirmation with Verescence.
13. Discussion of supplemental contract with MGAG for Gas Portfolio V Project.
14. Discussion of Greenrock LLC Leachate Contract.
15. Discussion of Consecutive Water System Intergovernmental Agreement.
16. Discussion of Pratt Recycling Supply Contract.
17. Discussion of GDOT Agreement for sidewalks in the City of Oxford.
18. Discussion of Professional Services Agreement with the PATH Foundation for the construction of the Cricket Frog Trail.
19. Discussion of 2011 SPLOST allocation for the Cricket Frog Trail, not to exceed $1,000,000.
20. Discussion of Transportation Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax Intergovernmental Agreement.
21. Public comments.
22. Comments from the City Manager.
23. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
Arbor Day in Covington
Every year, Georgia celebrates Arbor Day on the third Friday in February and Covington hosts a grand celebration of their own. Complete with guest speakers, refreshments and a proclamation, Arbor Day in Covington is a day to celebrate. Those in attendance even get to leave with a complimentary tree to plant.