City Council Meeting
Monday, July 20, 2020 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
formerly City of Covington Planning & Zoning Building
2116 Stallings Street
CITY OF COVINGTON
JULY 20, 2020
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference.
THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
+1 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Susie Keck, Council members: Hawnethia Williams, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
- Call to order and invocation.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on July 6, 2020.
3. Discussion of the minutes from the Called Meeting held on June 24, 2020.
4. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
5. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
6a. Approval of road closure of Hunter Street from July 9th – July 13th to honor Judge Horace
Johnson, expost facto.
7. Discussion of public hearing for a Special Use Permit to operate a personal care home to be located at 7125 Puckett Street.
8. Discussion of public hearing for a Special Use Permit for auto sales at 5199 Jackson Highway.
9. Discussion of the first reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF TITLE 10 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMENDING SECTION 10.18.030 (OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS) OF CHAPTER 10.18 (MOTORIZED CARTS) THEREOF, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
10. Discussion of Addendum to Agreement with Pyrotechnico for fireworks event in September.
11. Discussion of contract with Hollywood of the South Tours/Georgia LLC for promotion and expansion of tourism in the City.
12. Discussion of Intergovernmental Agreement for the provision of Geographical Information Systems.
13. Discussion of contract with ESRI for Small Government Term Enterprise License Agreement to be cost shared three ways.
14. Discussion of a resolution amending the FY2021 Budget to move funds for Tree Preservation from Planning & Zoning to Public Works.
15. Discussion of acceptance of allocation of federal funding assistance for Construct SE Apron Phase II (Site Preparation and Utilities) at the Airport.
16. Discussion of Transportation Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax Intergovernmental Agreement.
17. Public comments.
18. Comments from the City Manager.
19. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
Arbor Day in Covington
Every year, Georgia celebrates Arbor Day on the third Friday in February and Covington hosts a grand celebration of their own. Complete with guest speakers, refreshments and a proclamation, Arbor Day in Covington is a day to celebrate. Those in attendance even get to leave with a complimentary tree to plant.