City Council Meeting
Monday, February 15, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Meeting by phone
CITY OF COVINGTON COUNCIL MEETING
FEBRUARY 15, 2021
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference.
THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
+1 929 205 6099 / Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Hawnethia Williams, Council members: Susie Keck, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, Assistant City Manager Freddy Morgan, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
1. Call to order and invocation.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on February 1, 2021.
3. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
4. Public comments for any item on or not on the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
No items to consider.
6. Discussion of public hearing for an application to rezone 9155 Jackson Hwy from NR2 (Neighborhood Residential District 2) to NR3 (Neighborhood Residential District 3) for proposed future development.
7. Discussion of public hearing for a text amendment for Section 16.24.040 Covington Town Center Overlay.
8. Discussion of letter requesting Northeast Georgia Regional Commission’s assistance with the review of and amendments to the City’s zoning ordinance.
9. Discussion of request for encroachment to place a dumpster on City property.
10. Discussion of revision to the current Industrial Wastewater Surcharge rates.
11. Discussion of Eastside sewer capacity improvements.
12. Discussion of a resolution for commercial roll-off solid waste increase.
13. Discussion of proposals for Downtown District Traffic and Parking study.
14. Discussion of board and committee appointments.
15. Discussion of RFPs for a Central Park Master Plan.
16. Discussion of bids for the construction of the Dried Indian Creek Trestle Bridge on the Cricket Frog Trail.
17. Public comments.
18. Comments from the City Manager.
19. Comments from the Mayor and Council.