City Council Meeting Agenda for Monday, March 1, 2021
February 24, 2021
CITY OF COVINGTON COUNCIL MEETING
MARCH 1, 2021
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference. THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Hawnethia Williams, Council members: Susie Keck, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, Assistant City Manager Freddy Morgan, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
1. Call to order and invocation.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on February 15, 2021.
3. Discussion of the final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF TITLE 16 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMENDING SECTION 16.24.040 (COVINGTON TOWN CENTER OVERLAY ZONING DISTRICT) OF CHAPTER 16.24 (OVERLAY ZONING DISTRICTS), TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
4. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
5. Public comments for any item on or not on the agenda.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
6a. Approval of an application to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption and ancillary tastings only:
Bread & Butter: 1124 Monticello Street
6b. Approval of an application to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages for Beer and/or Wine Retail Amenity only for:
Woven LLC: 1140 Church Street
7. Discussion of consideration of Covington/Newton Industrial Park exterior finish requirement exception.
8. Discussion of request from Newton County BOC regarding Newton County’s Bicentennial.
9. Discussion of bids for the removal of yard debris for the Street Department.
10. Discussion of bids to purchase a leaf truck for the Street Department.
11. Discussion of bids to purchase a knuckle boom truck for the Street Department.
12. Discussion of adding a Land Application System Operator position.
13. Discussion of letter requesting Northeast Georgia Regional Commission’s assistance with writing an application for an One Georgia Grant to support the development of Process Equipment & Controls' facility along Hazelbrand Road.