Historic Entertainment District Open Container: 90-Day Trial Period Extended
From August 1, 2023 to November 30, 2023, a 90-day trial period has been extended within the Historic Entertainment District allowing adult beverages to be carried in approved open containers within the district.
DOWNTOWN HISTORIC ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT
Open Container Rules
- DAYS & TIMES: Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Open container drinks will be allowed in public area including sidewalks and crosswalks. Open containers will NOT be allowed in the Square Park area per the decision of the Newton County Board of Commissioners. Thank you for your cooperation on keeping this are clear of open containers.
- Only adult beverages purchased from a business within the downtown consumption district are allowed. No adult beverages bought outside of the Historic Entertainment District nor coolers containing adult beverages are allowed.
- Adult beverages purchased from a HED establishment must be carried in the approved cup. You may not carry more than one cup at a time.
- Brightly colored wristbands, labeled with the appropriate day, will be provided by the business where the adult beverage is purchased. The wristband must be worn snugly on the patrons wrist (it cannot be loose enough to slide off). The wristband must be visible.Only one drink, at a time, per wristband.
- Adult beverages and cups must be disposed of prior to leaving the boundaries of the Historic Entertainment District. There will be red trashcans at the exits of the HED. Please help us keep our community beautiful by disposing of the cups properly.