City Council Meeting
Monday, June 7, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
formerly City of Covington Planning & Zoning Building
2116 Stallings Street
WORK SESSION at 5:30 PM
CITY OF COVINGTON COUNCIL MEETING
JUNE 7, 2021
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference.
THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING +1 929 205 6099 / Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Hawnethia Williams, Council members: Susie Keck, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, Assistant City Manager Freddy Morgan, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
1. Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on May 17, 2021.
3. Re-discussion of request for waived/reduced rental fees at Legion Field to be used in association with the Juneteenth Celebration to be held on June 19th and June 20th.
4. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
5a. Approval of an application to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages for on- premises consumption only for:
Blockers Soul Food: 6129 Highway 278 NW
6. Discussion of public hearing for a SUP to allow an auto & truck repair facility to be located at 9126 A Industrial Blvd.
7. Discussion of public hearing for a SUP to allow an automotive parts and accessories store to be located at 6166 Washington Street.
8. Discussion of public hearing and resolution regarding updated Urban Redevelopment Plan.
9. Discussion of City’s appointment to the Hwy 278 CID.
10. Discussion of Sanitary Sewer and Temporary Construction Easement Agreement with TRG Washington Street, LLC.
11. Discussion of bids for the Ashley Drive Pipe Lining Project.
12. Discussion of Covington Central Park Red Trail Phase 2 contract agreement for grant.
13. Discussion of sole bid to purchase rapid flashing beacons for the Covington Trail System.
14. Discussion of voting delegate and alternate for the 2021 MEAG Power Annual Election.
15. Discussion of voting delegate and alternate for the ECG election process.
16. Discussion of securing City Cemeteries after hours.
17. Public comments.
18. Comments from the City Manager.
19. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
20. Enter into Executive Session for the purpose of discussing land acquisition.