City Council Meeting
Monday, September 20, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
2116 Stallings Street
WORK SESSION at 5:30 PM
AGENDA CITY OF COVINGTON COUNCIL MEETING
SEPTEMBER 20, 2021 - 6:30 PM
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Hawnethia Williams, Council members: Susie Keck, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, Assistant City Manager John King, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
1. Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on September 7, 2021.
3. Discussion of final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF TITLE 3 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMENDING SECTIONS 03.16.010, 03.16.030, 03.16.050, 03.16.060 OF CHAPTER 3.16 (LODGING TAX) THEREOF, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
4. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
5a. Approval of a license to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption only for:
Tiffany’s Hometown Buffet 4122 Emory Street
5b. Approval of a license to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption only for:
Nitro 2 Go, LLC 9135 Martin Luther King Jr Ave
5c. Approval of a license for alcoholic beverages for Personal Service Beer and/or Wine License only for:
The Wildflower Collective, LLC 8230 Hazelbrand Road, NE Ste A
6. Discussion of public hearing for a SUP to allow a 227-unit townhome development in the Corridor Mixed (CM) District.
7. Discussion of Final Plat for Clark’s Grove Phase 2b North Village.
8. Acknowledge receipt of Covington Planning Commission letter regarding current/future developments and associated requirements.
9. Discussion of public hearing for a moratorium extension.
10. Discussion of initiating the process of adding Recreational Goods Rental to the Use Table Chart in Chapter 16.16.020 Permitted Uses.
11. Discussion of request to allow visitors in Southview Cemetery on Halloween for a guided tour.
12. Public comments.
13. Comments from the City Manager.
14. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
15. Enter into Executive Session for the purpose of discussing land acquisition.