City Council Meeting
Monday, October 18, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
2116 Stallings Street
Executive Session @ 5 PM
CITY OF COVINGTON COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
OCTOBER 18, 2021
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Hawnethia Williams, Council members: Susie Keck, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, Assistant City Manager John King, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
1. Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
-Presentation of certificates to the graduating class of the Citizen’s Police Academy
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on October 18, 2021.
3. Discussion of final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington: "AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO ANNEX A TRACT OF LAND CONTAINING 4.408 ACRES, LOCATED ON EAGLE DRIVE A/K/K DR. MLK JR. DRIVE A/K/A COVINGTON BYPASS, A/K/A GA HWY 36, IN LAND LOT 232, NINTH LAND DISTRICT, NEWTON COUNTY, INTO THE CORPORATE LIMITS OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 2, CHAPTER 36, TITLE 36, OFFICIAL CODE OF GEORGIA ANNOTATED, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES."
4. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
5a. Approval of a license to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption only for:
Longhorn Steakhouse # 5244 - 6112 Pavilion Way
Tubby Tom’s - 9148 Hwy 278
5b. Approval of a license to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption only for:
Ingles Markets #439: 9176 Hwy 278 NE
Ingles Markets #452: 7173 Turner Lake Rd
5c. Approval of a license for a Beer and/or Wine Retail Amenity only for:
Southern Heartland Art Gallery: 1132 Monticello Street, SW
6. Discussion of public hearing and first reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington adding 16.20.615- Recreational Goods Rental.
7. Discussion of final plat for Westbridge Subdivision.
8. Discussion of sole source provider to purchase a gunshot detection, location, and forensic analysis service for CPD.
9. Discussion of sole source bid to purchase a 12 inch valve for the Bard Water Tank.
10. Discussion of bids to purchase a side-arm tractor for the Transportation Department.
11. Discussion of sole bid for vegetative material removal for the Transportation Department.
12. Public comments.
13. Comments from the City Manager.
14. Comments from the Mayor and Council.