WORK SESSION: 5:30 PM - COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PRESENTATION
COUNCIL MEETING: 6:30 PM
Expected Attendants - Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Anthony Henderson, Council members: Susie Keck, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Charika Davis, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Tres Thomas, Deputy City Manager John King, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, Deputy Clerk Amanda Huggins, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
1. Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on November 6, 2023.
3. Discussion of adopting the final draft of the Capital Improvements Element.
4. Discussion of final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF TITLE 14 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADOPTING CHAPTER 14.36 (DEVELOPMENT IMPACT FEES); TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
5. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
6. Public Comments.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
7a. Approval of application to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption only for:
Bradley’s Bar-B-Que 1160 Church Street
Ichiban Ramen & Sushi Bar 4152 Washington Street, SW
Jim Stalvey’s Restaurant 3132 Hwy 278, NE
Tello’s Mexican Grill 4139 Hwy 278 NW
Amici Italian Café 1116 College Ave SE
Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar 5176 Hwy 278
Penalties Bar & Grill 10205 Access Rd, Ste A
Ashton Hills Golf Club dba The Village Grille 10400 Covington Bypass
City Pharmacy 1105 Church Street
Five O’Clock Sports Bar & Grill 7191 Turner Lake Rd
Lucky Day Tacos LLC dba Lucky Day 1113 Floyd Street
El Charro Mexican Restaurant #1 Inc. 3165 Elm Street, NE
El Charro Mexican Restaurant #5 Inc. 9148 DR. MLK JR. Ave
Chili’s Grill & Bar 14480 Paras Drive
Jim N Nick’s BBQ 11300 Town Center Dr
7b. Approval of applications for a license to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption only for:
BP Food Mart 5224 Hwy 278
Covington Food Mart 9123 Hwy 278
Hazelbrand Store, LLC 9225 Hwy 142 N.
La Tampiquena 7134 Hwy 278 NE
Shell Food Mart 8109 Washington Street
Citgo Food Mart 3251 Hwy 278 NW
Food Mart 6155 Hwy 36
Bonds BP 8145 Washington Street
Emory Mart 2117 Emory Street
E-Z Covington Gas and Food Co 10125 Alcovy Road
Wal-Mart #459 10300 Industrial Blvd, NE
Newton Package Shop 9197 Hwy 278
Dollar General Store #7057 7118 Hwy 278 NE
Dollar General Store #85 6185 Hwy 278 NW
Dollar General Store #11417 10734 Hwy 36
7c. Approval of application for a license to sell alcoholic beverages for an Art Shop to allow patrons to bring and consume Beer and/or Wine in limited quantities only for:
Wildart LLC 1105 Washington Street
7d. Approval of an application to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages for on- premises ancillary tastings, off-premises consumption only:
Regal Beer & Wine Liquor Store 12651 Town Center Dr, Ste 109
Publix Super Markets, Inc. #1811 12701 Town Center Drive
7e. Approval of an application to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, ancillary tasting & off-premises consumption only for:
Bread and Butter 1124 Monticello Street
7f. Approval of application for a license to sell alcoholic beverages for Beer and/or Wine Retail Amenity only for:
Ridge Avenue 1120 Monticello Street, SW
8. Public hearing regarding a rezoning request at 1139 Usher St from NR1 (Neighborhood Residential District 1) to TCM (Town Center Mixed-Use).
9. Public hearing for possible rezoning/downzoning regarding a moratorium imposed with resolution approved at the September 18, 2023 Council meeting related to several tax parcels.
10. Discussion of appointing Leigh A. Knight to the Historic Preservation Commission.
11. Discussion of appointing LaKisha Clements to the Historic Preservation Commission.
12. Discussion of appointing Adam Holcombe to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
13. Discussion of re-appointment of Callie Carter Whitworth to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
14. Discussion of re-appointment of James M (Buddy) Adams to the Board of Appeals and Adjustments.
15. Discussion of lowest bid for Stormwater Fee Analysis.
16. Discussion of amending the current Eastside Sanitary Sewer Project Agreement with Carter and Sloope to include work through the Wright’s Creek watershed.
17. Discussion of Covington Municipal Airport new bravo taxiway project, including budget adjustment resolution for engineering services.
18. Discussion of Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) between the City of Covington and Newton County regarding a glass recycling pilot program.
19. Discussion of “CO” parcels outside of City limits.
20. Comments from the City Manager.
21. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
2023 Event Calendar
Join us in the COV for music, movies and more throughout 2023!