City Council Meeting
Monday, February 3, 2020 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
formerly City of Covington Planning & Zoning Building
2116 Stallings Street
***WORK SESSION @ 5:30 PM***
Cost of Service Study
Boarded up homes
CITY OF COVINGTON
FEBRUARY 3, 2020
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Susie Keck, Council members: Hawnethia Williams, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
- Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on January 21, 2020.
3. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
4. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
5a. Approval of request for road closure in the downtown area March 27, 2020 for a Special Needs Prom.
5b. Approval of request for road closure in the downtown area April 4, 2020 for Ag Day on the Square.
5c. Approval of request for road closure in the downtown area April 12, 2020 for Easter on the Square.
6. Discussion of City’s Fireworks contract.
7. Discussion of invoices payable to Newton County Tomorrow, Inc.
8. Discussion of resolution supporting HB 774 and HR 895.
9. Discussion of budget change request for the CDBG Drainage Project.
10. Discussion of Drawdown Request #7 for the CDBG Drainage Project.
11. Discussion of bids for CMP Master Plan.
12. Discussion of refurbished electrical regulators from the Solomon Corporation.
13. Discussion of utility over billing.
14. Public comments.
15. Comments from the City Manager.
16. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
Arbor Day in Covington
Every year, Georgia celebrates Arbor Day on the third Friday in February and Covington hosts a grand celebration of their own. Complete with guest speakers, refreshments and a proclamation, Arbor Day in Covington is a day to celebrate. Those in attendance even get to leave with a complimentary tree to plant.