City Council Meeting via Teleconference
Monday, April 20, 2020 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Meeting by phone
or by calling
Meeting ID: 741 740 8400
NO WORK SESSION
CITY OF COVINGTON
APRIL 20, 2020
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Susie Keck, Council members: Hawnethia Williams, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
Call to order and invocation.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Called Meeting held on March 11, 2020.
3. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on April 6, 2020.
4. Discussion of the minutes from the Emergency Called Meeting held on April 10, 2020.
5. Discussion of the minutes from the Called Meeting held on April 13, 2020.
6. Discussion of the final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
"AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO AMEND CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF ARTICLE 3 (SCHEDULES) OF CHAPTER 13.08 (ELECTRIC SYSTEM) OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES."
7. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
8. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
9a. Approval of an application to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption only for:
The Social Goat 1115 Church Street SE
10. Discussion of a resolution with regards to sustainability.
11. Discussion of a resolution declaring a need for a Development Authority.
12. Discussion of a letter in support of HR 6467 the Coronavirus Community Relief Act.
13. Discussion of Parking Regulations.
14. Discussion of contract with Covington Town Center, LLC for electric power service.
15. Discussion of July 4th event.
16. Discussion of purchase of computer software.
17. Discussion of MGAG Trade Confirmation with Verescence.
18. Comments from the City Manager.
19. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
20. Enter into Executive Session. (If needed)
Arbor Day in Covington
Every year, Georgia celebrates Arbor Day on the third Friday in February and Covington hosts a grand celebration of their own. Complete with guest speakers, refreshments and a proclamation, Arbor Day in Covington is a day to celebrate. Those in attendance even get to leave with a complimentary tree to plant.