City Council Meeting Via Teleconference
Monday, May 18, 2020 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Meeting by phone
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference. THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
CITY OF COVINGTON
COUNCIL MEETING (VIA TELECONFERENCE)
MAY 18, 2020
NO WORK SESSION
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Susie Keck, Council members: Hawnethia Williams, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
- Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on May 4, 2020.
3. Discussion of the final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF TITLE 10 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMENDING SECTION 10.18.030 (OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS) OF CHAPTER 10.18 (MOTORIZED CARTS) THEREOF, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
4. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
5. Public comments for any item on or not on the agenda.
6. No items to consider.
7. Discussion of Stars and Stripes Fest 2020.
8. Discussion of Master Agreement to design and manage the construction of trails in the City of Covington.
9. Discussion of resolution for Phase II Red Trail.
10. Discussion of contract with Green Rock Strategies, LLC for leachate disposal.
11. Discussion of the first reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF TITLE 10 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADOPTING CHAPTER 10.22 (VULNERABLE ROAD USERS), TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
12. Discussion of voting delegate for the GMA Annual Membership Business Meeting.
13. Discussion of City Tuition Reimbursement Policy.
14. Discussion of invoice payable to Reedwick, LLC in the amount of $29,800.00, for traffic signal maintenance.
15. Public comments.
16. Comments from the City Manager.
17. Comments from the Mayor and Council.
Arbor Day in Covington
Every year, Georgia celebrates Arbor Day on the third Friday in February and Covington hosts a grand celebration of their own. Complete with guest speakers, refreshments and a proclamation, Arbor Day in Covington is a day to celebrate. Those in attendance even get to leave with a complimentary tree to plant.