City Council Meeting
Tuesday, January 19, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
formerly City of Covington Planning & Zoning Building
2116 Stallings Street
TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2021
6:30 P.M. - TELECONFERENCE
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference.
THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
+1 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Hawnethia Williams, Council members: Susie Keck, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, Assistant City Manager Freddy Morgan, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
1. Call to order and invocation.
-Update from Piedmont Newton Hospital
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on January 4, 2021.
3. Discussion of the minutes from the Called Meeting held on January 7, 2021.
4. Discussion of the final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISION OF TITLE 12 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMENDING SECTION 12.20.010 (DEFINITIONS) AND SECTION 12.20.020 (ESTABLISHMENT OF PARK HOURS AND DESIGNATED PARKING AREAS) OF CHAPTER 12.20 (PARKS) THEREOF, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
5. Discussion of the final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
"AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO AMEND CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF ARTICLE 3 (SCHEDULES) OF CHAPTER 13.08 (ELECTRIC SYSTEM) OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES."
6. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
7. Public comments for any item on or not on the agenda.
8. CONSENT AGENDA
No items to consider.
9. Discussion of initiating a text amendment to add two members to the HPC and eliminate term limits.
10. Discussion of setting of qualifying fees for Council Posts to be filled by the election on November 2, 2021 at 3% of annual salary of the office or $270.00.
11. Public comments.
12. Comments from the City Manager.
13. Comments from the Mayor and Council.