City Council Meeting
Monday, April 19, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
formerly City of Covington Planning & Zoning Building
2116 Stallings Street
CITY OF COVINGTON COUNCIL MEETING
APRIL 19, 2021
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting is limited to teleconference.
THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING +1 929 205 6099 / Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Hawnethia Williams, Council members: Susie Keck, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, Assistant City Manager Freddy Morgan, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
- Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on April 5, 2021.
3. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
4. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
5a. Approval of an application to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages for off- premises consumption only for:
Turner Lake Marathon 6206 Turner Lake Road
6. Discussion of the final plat for Clark’s Grove Phase 2b.
7. Discussion of public hearing for a SUP to allow a Personal Care Home to be located at 7125 Puckett Street.
8. Discussion of public hearing for a SUP to allow a quick change oil facility to be located at 3216 Highway 278.
9. Discussion of Amendment 1 to the Glover Street Drainage Project.
10. Discussion of Newton County Water & Sewage Authority permanent and temporary construction easement.
11. Discussion of sole bid to purchase a switchgear for the Cornish Creek Project.
12. Discussion of bids for Right of Way Trimming Services.
13. Discussion of bids for Janitorial Services for all City-owned facilities.
14. Discussion of first reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington: “AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISION OF TITLE 12 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMENDING SECTION 12.20.010 (DEFINITIONS) OF CHAPTER 12.20 (PARKS) THEREOF, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
15. Discussion of Legion Field rate question.
16. Discussion of 4th of July Fireworks Event.
17. Public comments.
18. Comments from the City Manager.
19. Comments from the Mayor and Council.