City Council Meeting
Monday, May 17, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
formerly City of Covington Planning & Zoning Building
2116 Stallings Street
CITY OF COVINGTON COUNCIL MEETING
MAY 17, 2021
Due to circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety and preservation of public services, public access to this meeting will be limited to follow social distancing guidelines.
THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
+1 929 205 6099 / Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Hawnethia Williams, Council members: Susie Keck, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, Assistant City Manager Freddy Morgan, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
- Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
-Proclamation declaring May 28th as “National Poppy Day.”
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on May 02, 2021.
3. Re-discussion of Amendment 1 to the Glover Street Drainage Project.
4. Discussion of request for waived/reduced rental fees at Legion Field to be used in association with the Juneteenth Celebration to be held on June 19th and June 20th.
5. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
6a. Approval of an application to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages for off- premises consumption only for:
278 Management LLC dba Kwik Stop: 9199 Hwy 278
7. Discussion of request for City sanctioned Gospel Music Festival at Legion Field.
8. Discussion of letter of intent for Courtyard by Marriott.
9. Discussion of letter of intent for Residence Inn by Marriott.
10. Discussion of letter of intent for Publix.
11. Discussion of sole bid to purchase a new brush chipper for the Electric Department.
12. Discussion of bids to purchase transformers for the Electric Department.
13. Discussion to appoint Juanita Thompson and Barbara Morgan to the Covington Redevelopment Authority.
14. Discussion to approve developer Mansemar’s request for a GICH letter of support for the redevelopment of Covington Square.
15. Discussion to approve the Covington Redevelopment Authority’s request of capital to support the redevelopment of Covington Square.
16. Discussion of public hearing and resolution regarding updated Urban Redevelopment Plan.
17. Discussion of grant application for CDBG funds for a homeowner assistance program.
18. Discussion to approve several water and sewer territory swaps.
19. Discussion of the ballot for the Election of GMA’S District 5 Officers for 2021-2022.
20. Public comments.
21. Comments from the City Manager.
22. Comments from the Mayor and Council.