City Council Meeting
Monday, June 21, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
formerly City of Covington Planning & Zoning Building
2116 Stallings Street
WORK SESSION at 5:30 PM
CITY OF COVINGTON COUNCIL MEETING
JUNE 21, 2021 - 6:30 PM
THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND IN PERSON OR ACCESS THIS MEETING BY CALLING
+1 929 205 6099 / Meeting ID: 741-740-8400
Mayor Steve Horton, Mayor Pro-tem Hawnethia Williams, Council members: Susie Keck, Kenneth Morgan, Fleeta Baggett, Anthony Henderson, and Don T. Floyd, City Manager Scott Andrews, Assistant City Manager Freddy Morgan, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
- Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on June 7, 2021.
3. Re-discussion of a SUP to allow a Personal Care Home to be located at 7125 Puckett Street.
4. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
No items to consider.
6. Discussion of initiating a text amendment to Chapter 16 of the City of Covington Code to provide enhanced corridor standards in certain areas of the city.
7. Discussion of appointments to the City’s Boards and Committees. (BOAA, CPC and CRB)
8. Discussion of code enforcement concerns.
9. Discussion of Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) for engineering services for the Covington Municipal Airport.
10. Discussion of bids for a “blanket contract” for gas department mains and service installation.
11. Discussion of updated letter of support for Covington Square.
12. Discussion of selecting a Member Representative to the City’s membership in the Georgia Public Web.
13. Discussion of changing the City’s credit card processing vendors.
14. Discussing of amending the current budget to include additional revenues and expenditures as actual figures become available.
15. Approval of the City’s FY 2021-2022 Budget.
16. Public comments.
17. Comments from the City Manager.
18. Comments from the Mayor and Council.